Spring 2020 sees the arrival of our new flagship C Series reformer, the Align-Pilates C8-Pro. The C8-Pro is the ultimate C Series reformer, featuring an oversized aluminium profile & foot bar and all new 8 PU wheel carriage system for the quietest and lowest maintenance ride available. Like all 2020 Align-Pilates commercial reformers the C8-Pro features our new patent pending Rapid change (RC) spring bar for the easiest and quickest adjustment on the market.
Many Pilates professionals choose their reformer based on the ride characteristics and the biggest determinant of that is the number and type of wheels. The number & material of the wheels determine the resistance of the carriage, the sound the machine makes, the handling of cross loading and the amount of maintenance required for optimal performance. The C8 uses 8 ‘roller blade style’ wheels are designed to give a quieter and softer ride with slightly greater rolling resistance when compared to the more ice glide ride offered by the harder nylon wheels used in a 4 wheel system like on the C2-Pro RC, where the wheels run in a matched aluminium profile. Which is better is a matter of preference for the user/s, though for many this will be a key determinant of which machine they buy and chances are; many will prefer the ride style they are more familiar with or, trained on!
The C8-Pro’s rapid change spring bar radically alters the ease and speed of adjusting your reformer, which is particularly beneficial for those running group classes where the C8-Pro really excels. The spring bar can be adjusted with the springs attached, with one hand in a single action, saving up to 12 additional actions when compared with most standard spring bars!
The C8-Pro is stackable and can free-stand, either with the optional new free standing feet or, if leg extensions are fitted, which raise the bed height to 42cm versus the 26cm bed height of the standard machine. Like earlier Pro models in the C series, this reformer can accept either a Full or, a Half Cadillac frame making it the most versatile reformer in its class, whilst offering fantastic value for money.
The C8-Pro reformer shares all the accessories such as mat convertor, standing platform, half Cadillac as the C2-Pro RC and earlier C series reformers, meaning it sits perfectly alongside other C series machines. Furthermore many components from the C8 Pro, such as the half Cadillac frame are also cross-compatible with A Series machines, giving you additional possibilities and flexibility as your studio grows.
Please note the Gondola Pole is not included and shown for demo purposes only.
- Patent-pending rapid change spring bar for the fastest spring bar changes available, using one hand and a single action
- Class-leading travel – 106.5cm, up from 100.5cm on previous models C1 models
- Large & comfortable carriage 92cm x 58cm
- Oversized foot bar & lowered pivot point for extra solid feel
- Resistance:5 nickel plated quality music wire springs in 3 different strengths (2 light, 2 medium and 1 strong)
- Choice of heights, either standard 26cm height or 44cm with optional leg extensions
- Lockable foot bar positions with 4 positions including flat
- Removable rope risers with 7 height positions (if extension legs are used)
- Rapid rope length adjustment system that adjusts both ropes simultaneously, with 7 rope length variations
- Height adjustable feet for perfect alignment
- Align-Pilates ‘Silent’ system with metal-free double loop handles, ropes & foot strap and now patented silent pulleys for a super quiet user experience
- Improved 3 position headrest
- Removable & lockable shoulder rests with new off-centred shoulder pads to give a choice of two different widths
- Space-saving – The C8-Pro can be wheeled for ease of movement and storage and can be stacked and it can “free stand” when selected with either the optional free standing feet or the extension leg option.*
- Improved anodized aluminium runners with a 8 PU wheel carriage for super quiet and maintenance free ride
- New Gondola pole storage hooks underneath the runner for convenient access & a tidier studio! Note; Maple Poles are sold separately
- ISO20957-1 Class S Item. Max User Weight:150kg. Suitable for users:145cm – 193cm (4’10” – 6’4”)
- Reformer only – 239.5 (L) x 66 (W) x 26cm (H)
- Reformer with Leg Extensions – 239.5 x 66 x 44cm
- Standing height for storage – 240cm
- Weight – 59kg (GW)
The Align-Pilates C8-Pro reformer is compatible with the following accessories
- Jump Board for C* series reformers
- Leg Extensions (to raise the bed height to 42cm)
- Freestanding feet (to allow freestanding of the reformer)
- Half Cadillac frame (bracket required)
- Full Cadillac frame (brackets required)
- Mattress insert for C Series reformers
- Platform extender for C series Reformers
- Pro Rope Adjusters (for enhanced rope adjustment)
- Frame Sitting Box
- Sitting Box
- Neck Pillow
Differences Between The C8 Pro Reformer And The C2-Pro RC Pilates Reformer
- 8 roller blade style PU wheels for quieter ride, lower maintenance & superior cross load performance
- Over sized foot bar with lowered pivot point for a super solid feel
- 2cm higher off the ground in standard configuration for improved comfort
Compatibility With Other C Series Reformers
The C8 Pro is compatible with the accessories from all the earlier C Series accessories e.g. the mattress insert, standing platform, leg extensions, half and full Cadillac frames. This makes using C8 Pro in the same studio as other C series reformers a breeze and levers on any earlier investments in the series. Furthermore, for those already invested in earlier C Series machines, there is a very high percentage of backward compatibility for spare parts, as this is one of the cornerstones of Align-Pilates’ design principles